Nostalgic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Posted by ChaosAndSilence
In these days of trying to get things done quickly, I find that we forget about the little things in life. We lose our appreciative feeling of the smaller things. So, today I went into my recipe book cupboard and dug out one of my favorite “go-to” recipe books.
I was given this book by my neighbor a couple of years ago and she told me “Everyone needs to own of these”. This retro cook book is amazing. Basic recipes where you make things from scratch. Putting in time, effort, and love into everything you make.
I use this book for many things, but mainly cookies, and pancakes.
Today I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies. Nothing fancy added, just your basic chocolate chip drop cookie, like the ones my mom used to make growing up.
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
* I omitted the walnuts as I was making these to share with my mom who is allergic to nuts.
1) Combine flour, soda, and salt in a bowl.
2) Cream butter and sugars, in a separate bowl. Add 1 egg at a time and mix well after adding each. Add vanilla.
3) Add flour slowly to butter/sugar mixture.
4) Fold in chocolate chips
5) Spoon onto greased cookie sheet (I put parchment paper on the cookie sheet instead).
6) Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes ( I found 10 minutes was enough, as the edges tend to brown up)
7) Cool on cookie sheet.
These freeze well! And taste good!
If you try this recipe please come back and let me know how it went and if you enjoyed them as much as my family has!
About ChaosAndSilence#100LBWeightLossJourney New to Blogging Newbie Gamer on Twitch. Avid Contester Mother to 2, Wife of 6 years. Baking, photography, dancing, hiking, etc.
Posted on May 7, 2014, in Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged baking, chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookie recipe, chocolate chip cookies, cook book, cookie, cookie recipe, cookie recipes, cookies, delicious, recipe, recipes, yummy. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.