#100LBWeightLossJourney – Water Recipes – Berry Series
Welcome to the Berry Series of Infused Water Recipes!
Strawberry and Mint
16 strawberries (medium size) sliced thin
8 sprigs of mint
1 quart water and Ice
Serve after 30 minutes.
Strawberry and Cantaloupe
Cantaloupe cut in long wedges (4)
Strawberries cut in half (12)
1 quart ice and water.
Let sit 20-30 minutes before serving.
Make it into a great iced tea by adding Oolong Tea.
Raspberry and Lemon
1 slice of lemon in the glass, one on the edge for garnish
10 raspberries – infuse for 20 minutes, then remove and add ice
Blackberry & Lime Mojito
box of blackberries (gently stirred in- not crushed)
fresh mint leaves (gently stirred in- not crushed)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
cane sugar, optional, (4tsp or add to taste)
crushed ice/ice cubes
ginger ale or club soda for bubbles (optional)
pitcher of water
Gently mix first 6 ingredients until blackberries are almost crushed. Add liquids and ice. Stir well and enjoy!
Strawberry and Kiwi
Box of Strawberries
A few fresh mint sprigs (optional)
Slice kiwi fruit into round, thin slices
Hull and thinly slice strawberries
Fill your favorite pitcher with water and add the strawberries, kiwi’s and mint.
Chill for at least two hours to allow the flavors of the fruit to infuse the water.
Add ice and serve.
Facts about berries and weightloss:
* Berries are full of antioxidants. Eating a diet rich in antioxidants can help improve your overall health. Antioxidants protect your skin and hair, and prevent certain diseases. All fruits and vegetables contain antioxidants, but nutrient-rich berries are some of the absolute best sources.
* Anthocyanins that are found in berries, give berries their vibrant color, reduce inflammation, and may help prevent and manage arthritis. Quercetin is another antioxidant found in berries. It can also decrease the inflammatory effects of chemicals in the synovial fluid of the joints for people with inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis. Both Anthocyanins and Quercetins work together to help slow age-related memory-loss.
* Vitamin C is another antioxidant found in berries. It is principally responsible for the health of collagen. Eating vitamin C–rich berries will also make for radiant skin and healthy hair, and may reduce the risk of arthritis, cataracts, and macular degeneration.
* Berries are know as “juicy foods,” which means they are made up of mostly water. Berries and other “juicy foods” are great for losing weight because they make you feel fuller. This is because their high water content bumps up the volume in your stomache while keeping the calories low.
* Berries also contain fiber and folate. Fiber aids in weight loss and helps lower blood pressure and cholesterol. Folate may help to protect against cardiovascular disease and age-related memory loss. Folate has been found to also help ward off depression and improve your mood.
Posted on May 5, 2014, in Click HERE to read my day to day posts of my "100LB WeightLoss Journey ", Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged #100LBWeightLossJourney, #thefitpartners, 100lb weightloss journey, berries, berry water, drinking more water, eating choices, flavored water, getting healthy, healthy lifestyle, healthy-living, infused water, lose weight, losing weight, recipe, recipes, water, water recipes, weightloss. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.